Institute of Security Technologies MORATEX (MORATEX)
M. Sklodowskiej-Curie 3
+48 42 6373763
Ph.D., Eng. Marzena Fejdyś
Field of Activity
» Transport systems
4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Scenario development and decision support
» Foresight systems
» Testing and validation
» Law enforcement
5. TECHNOLOGIES & MATERIALS
» Material Science
» Protective textiles
» Detection technologies
The Institute develops modern designs and technologies of textile technical goods and implements them to the industry. In 90s the R&D workload has been moved towards developing of personal life and health protection means for individuals exposed to threats from bullets, fragments, impacts, harmful chemical or biological agents and unfavourable factors, as fire, temperature, water etc. The works focused mainly on solutions related to technologies dedicated for services subordinated to the Minister of Interior and Administration and to Minister of National Defence.
Since 1999, according to the decree of Prime Minister, the Institute is the R&D body supervised by the Minister of Interior and Administration. Starting with that moment all the effort of the Institutes management and employees is driven to satisfying the expectations and requirements of the Police, Fire Service, Border Guards and The Government Protection Bureau. Executing the tasks set, with co-operation with those services, MORATEX developed in 2001-2006 new and modern uniform assortment, equipment and means of individual protection.
The quality management system, compliant to the requirements of the Standards: PN-EN ISO 9001, PN-N 19001 has been implemented to the Institute and confirmed by certificate from The Polish Centre for Testing and Certification.
The Institute has been awarded the Notified Body position by the European Committee within the scope of directive 89/686/EEC – Personal Protective Equipment, ID No. 1475.
The quality of newly-developed goods is confirmed by the certificates from accredited Certifying Bodies, including: CIOP, WITU, CNBOP.
The Products Certification Department works at the Institute, to issue certificates of conformity of the products offered by the suppliers of textile protective goods and uniform elements.
H2020 Research Focus
- Critical infrastructure protection
- CIP-01-2016-2017 Prevention, detection, response and mitigation of the combination of physical and cyber threats to the critical infrastructure of Europe.
- SEC-01-DRS-2016 Integrated tools for response planning and scenario building
- SEC-02-DRS-2016 Situational awareness systems to support civil protection preparation and operational decision making
- SEC-05-DRS-2016-2017-a-(2016) Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) cluster
- SEC-05-DRS-2016-2017-b-(2017) Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) cluster
- Fight against crime and terrorism
- SEC-06-FCT-2016 Developing a comprehensive approach to violent radicalization in the EU from early understanding to improving protection
- SEC-07-FCT-2016-2017 Human Factor for the Prevention, Investigation, and Mitigation of criminal and terrorist acts
- SEC-08-FCT-2016 Forensics techniques on: a) trace qualification, and b) broadened use of DNA
- SEC-09-FCT-2017 Toolkits integrating tools and techniques for forensic laboratories
- SEC-10-FCT-2017 Integration of detection capabilities and data fusion with utility providers' networks
- SEC-11-FCT-2016 Detection techniques on explosives: Countering an explosive threat, across the timeline of a plot
- SEC-12-FCT-2016-2017 Technologies for prevention, investigation, and mitigation in the context of fight against crime and terrorism
- Border security and external security
- SEC-13-BES-2017 Next generation of information systems to support EU external policies
- SEC-14-BES-2016 Towards reducing the cost of technologies in land border security applications
- SEC-15-BES-2017 Risk-based screening at border crossing
- SEC-16-BES-2017 Through-foliage detection, including in the outermost regions of the EU
- SEC-17-BES-2017 Architectures and organizations, big data and data analytics for customs risk management of the international goods supply chain trade movements
- SEC-18-BES-2017 Acceptance of "no gate crossing point solutions"
- SEC-19-BES-2016 Data fusion for maritime security applications
- SEC-20-BES-2016 Border Security: autonomous systems and control systems
- General matters
- SEC-21-GM-2016-2017 Pan European Networks of practitioners and other actors in the field of security
- DS-05-2016 EU Cooperation and International Dialogues in Cybersecurity and Privacy Research and Innovation
- DS-07-2017 Addressing Advanced Cyber Security Threats and Threat Actors
- DS-08-2017 Privacy, Data Protection, Digital Identities
| ||Project Coordinator||Project Partner||Project Acronyms|
|National Security Research Projects||✔||✔||NUS|
|Other Security Research Projects ||✔||✔||ERGOBAL COMPOSITE|
Inserted / Updated
2012-06-04 / 2017-05-19