» Urban planning
» Transport systems
4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Scenario development and decision support
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» ICT applications
» Software, Data Processing
In-Time S.r.l. (Innovation-Technologies Information and Methodologies for the Earth) is a spin-off company of the Tor
Vergata University of Rome.
The company’s members are:
• Tor Vergata University of Rome
• two private companies
• a Professor of Urban and Territorial System Analysis
• five engineering graduates.
The company originates from a research group of the Civil Engineering Department of the Tor Vergata University.
In-TIME is involved in various research activities focused on Civil Engineering, Urban Planning and Environment.
Its general aim is to support all the processes concerning the territory and its environment, from assessment to
planning, from management to monitoring, by using innovative methodologies and developing GIS-based integrated
The company is active in the fields of:
• geographical information systems, geographic data and their integration and processing;
• database design, building and management;
• urban analysis and modelling;
• natural and anthropic risk assessment and management;
• civil protection planning;
• waste management,
• environmental analysis, monitoring and assessment in urban context (e.g. air pollution, acoustic impact);
• safety of food production sites;
• protection and exploitation of cultural heritage assets;
• urban accessibility for disabled persons;
• decision making processes;
The company works in harness with other innovative companies and professors from the Tor Vergata University of
Rome, specialists in the fields of remote sensing, telecommunications, renewable energy sources, energy savings,
environmental monitoring, and joins the experience of the private companies in terms of organization and business
The research activities led to design and develop technologies used in different fields of activity by numerous
institutional public bodies, at national and local level, and private companies.