3. FORENSIC SCIENCES
» Forensic technologies
» Digital forensics
4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Law enforcement
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» Electronic authentication
» Intelligence systems
» Cyber security
» Software, Data Processing
Information security: security incident response services, security web auditing, system hardening
and fortification, system forensics, incident analysis and collection, risk identification and
evaluation, security strategy design and implementation, security monitoring and vulnerability
management, and online and in house training.
INTECO cooperates with a network of stakeholders around its main areas of expertise. It receives
support from authorities, industry, law enforcement agencies, NGOs and other outstanding
organizations. INTECO has signed cooperation agreements with a great number of national and
regional authorities, which help to raise awareness at all levels and to establish common action
protocols among the different Spanish regions and local entities.
INTECO is member of several Spanish R&D technology platforms: eSEC (information security), eVIA
(accessibility), es.Internet (future of Internet), and promotes a national cluster of ICT security
companies, contributing to their industry competitiveness and innovation.
INTECO is cooperating with the Spanish Association for Standardisation and Certification. In
particular, INTECO’s representatives participate in relevant working groups.
INTECO also has a broad international experience being involved in networks of excellence, training
programs, joint events, and sharing resources in order to exchange expertise and best practices. As
a public entity of the Spanish Government, it develops initiatives promoting Trust in the Information
Society, in coordination with other agents and EU institutions. For example:
• INTECO-CERT is the Governmental Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) of the Spanish
Administration serving SMEs and citizens.
• It is a member of the International Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST).
• It is a member of the TERENA Task Force of Computer Security Incident Response Team
• It is a member of the Awareness Raising Community of The European Network and Information
Security Agency (EC).
• The INTECO’s Deputy Programmes Manager participates in the Permanent Stakeholders Group
of the European Network and Information Security Agency (EC).
• It is member of the Spanish Association to promote Information Systems Security (ISMS Forum
• INTECO CERT is partner of the Anti-phishing Working Group (APWG).