4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Policy development
7. SOCIO-ECONOMIC SCIENCES AND THE HUMANITIES
» Social Sciences
» Political Sciences
Our mission is to promote forms of international cooperation that can effectively address key global development
challenges and generate inclusive and sustainable solutions.
The Centre focuses on informing and influencing European, African and international policies and helping to forge
partnerships for sustainable solutions in the following six areas:
1. Strengthening European external action;
2. Informing a more effective governance of migration and mobility;
3. Promoting security and resilience;
4. Supporting African institutions in promoting change;
5. Promoting sustainable trade, economic and agricultural transformation; and
6. Strengthening European economic diplomacy for sustainable development.
ECDPM’s added value to effectively engage in these processes is based on its experienced and multidisciplinary
teams; their efforts to innovate in the research and evaluation methodologies; and its partnerships and networks in
Europe, Africa, and beyond. ECDPM’s mandate focuses primarily on Africa-Europe relations and the interface
between both continents. However the themes the Centre works on and the areas of expertise are all global in
ECDPM’s engagement, activities and outputs are centered around three core roles:
• generate politically-informed, evidence-based and practical knowledge;
• facilitate the uptake of knowledge by key public and private actors through dialogue, implementation support,
smart communication and knowledge management; and
• leverage its expertise, knowledge and network in Europe and Africa to act as a non-partisan broker.