» Energy - generation/storage/distribution
» Transport systems
» Aerospace technologies
» Railway technologies
» Space & satellite technologies
4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Testing and validation
5. TECHNOLOGIES & MATERIALS
» Sensor equipment and technologies
» Electronics, Microelectronics
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» ICT applications
» Communication equipment and technologies
» Electronic authentication
» Intelligence systems
» Artificial intelligence/robotics
» Cyber security
» Software, Data Processing
» Network technologies
» Smart Systems
» Radio Frequency (RFID)
· IoT/cyber-physical system group. We work on cybersecurity, cloud technology and embedded systems. Focusing on Industry 4.0. Ikerlan has hands-on experience in mixed-criticality systems, dependable embedded systems, real-time communications and safety certifications. In addition, Blockchain is currently one of the main interests of IKERLAN-IK4 and so we are dedicating resources to its analysis and to the search for industrial applications. At the same time, we expect developments from TRASIT in several of these areas.
· The Industrial security group: The Industrial security group has an extensive background on applying security measures to embedded and industrial devices, working from the “Security-by-design” concept. This group focuses on both the technology and the development methodology (life-cycle), which is required in order to certify devices with relevant security standards. The team also provides an important industrial and safety background, which is necessary to apply security measures in critical applications, allowing safety and security co-certification.
· The Communication group especially dedicated to multipoint wireless and secure real time communications: Safety, Deterministic behavior , synchronization mechanisms for time reference (wireless TSN), Distributed control system. Cognitive Radio, Interference and jamming avoidance, Harsh propagation environments (e.g. fading).
· The Big Data Group Group is designing and deploying the architecture of the Big Data platform to be able to address an ingestion and massive storage of data; the development of this design would be applying open source tools. The technological stack addressed by Ikerlan includes: Cloud Agnostic Kernel, Data Ingestion, Data Storage, Analytics, Visualisation. Hence, the developed platform and applications can be deployed in a proprietary infrastructure and in public infrastructure provider with an IaaS approach. This group would also be able to design and develop the exploitation phase of the incoming data in both streaming and batch, as well as a more complex analytics applying learning algorithms.
· Expertise in the miniaturisation of Biological Laboratories. We can contribute with the minitaurisation of the microfluidic disposable component and the mechatronic control unit that actuates over it.