Dr Habtamu Abie (Chief Research Scientist)
Field of Activity
3. FORENSIC SCIENCES
» Forensic technologies
» Digital forensics
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» ICT applications
» Communication equipment and technologies
» Electronic authentication
» Intelligence systems
» Artificial intelligence/robotics
» Cyber security
» Software, Data Processing
» Network technologies
» Smart Systems
» Radio Frequency (RFID)
Currently a Chief Research Scientist at the Norwegian Computing Center. Has many years of experience in computing, both as practitioner and researcher. Has a solid and extensive background in the design and development of real-time systems, and the design, modeling and development of security for distributed object computing systems, and has also been engaged in building large consortia and leading technical R&D work, both in industry-driven and multinational projects.
Past and present research interests encompass adaptive security (protocols, DRM, requirements, metrics, policy, privacy, trust, risk management, identity management) in distributed and telecommunications systems, architecture and methodology, situation awareness, game theory, formal methods and tools, hard real-time systems, and mobile, ubiquitous and ambient intelligent computing.
Authored several scientific publications, books, and book chapters, served as guest-editor of Special Issue on Security of Wireless Communication Systems of Journal of Networks, and has organized several workshops. Participates as a reviewer and member of the technical program committee in international conferences and workshops and reviews scientific papers in books and international journals and serves as a project proposal reviewer for research and higher academic institutions.
H2020 Research Focus
- CIP-01-2016-2017 Prevention, detection, response and mitigation of the combination of physical and cyber threats to the critical infrastructure of Europe.
- SEC-09-FCT-2017 Toolkits integrating tools and techniques for forensic laboratories
- SEC-10-FCT-2017 Integration of detection capabilities and data fusion with utility providers' networks
- SEC-12-FCT-2016-2017 Technologies for prevention, investigation, and mitigation in the context of fight against crime and terrorism
- SEC-21-GM-2016-2017 Pan European Networks of practitioners and other actors in the field of security
- DS-06-2017 Cryptography
- DS-07-2017 Addressing Advanced Cyber Security Threats and Threat Actors
- DS-08-2017 Privacy, Data Protection, Digital Identities
| ||Project Coordinator||Project Partner||Project Acronyms|
|FP7/H2020-ICT||✔||CASENET, CORAS, HARP, GEMOM, uTRUSTit|
|National Security Research Projects||✔||✔||ASSET, PerProt, DESDIFOR, MARIAGE, SAMPOS, PETweb, PETweb II, IoTSec, ArsForensica,|